2017 Australasian Database Conference
May Hancock Auditorium, The Women's College [Building 36H], College Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia campus. L12 on this map. There are at least three ways to get to the conference venue:
- Brisbane City Council Buses
- Brisbane City Council CityCat Ferry
- Parking close to Women’s College
- Brisbane City Council go card for Visitors
Departing every 10 minutes from Brisbane's CBD and Southbank, the 66 bus route runs directly to The University of Queensland Lakes Bus Station which is a short walk away from The Women’s College. The journey will take around 20 minutes from the CBD. A single paper ticket bought from the driver is $6.10, or for a cheaper fare of $3.53, buy a go card.
Brisbane City Council CityCat services operate along the Brisbane River between Hamilton and The University of Queensland. The ferries run about every half-hour from 6am to 11.45pm daily. It is a 15 minute walk from the university ferry terminal to the conference venue. A single paper ticket bought on the ferry is $6.10, or for a cheaper fare of $3.53, buy a go card.
Park on the top level of 98D – Conifer Knoll Parking Station. It will cost $5. The machines take coins or credit card. Paid parking operates on the St Lucia campus from 7am to 9pm weekdays. M10 on this map.
go card provides travel across the entire Brisbane network of buses, trains, ferries and trams. go card is at least 30 per cent cheaper than the cost of a single paper ticket. Buy your go card at fare machines at bus, ferry and train stations, or at newsagents and 7-Eleven stores.
How to Travel to/from Airport
- TRAIN: The Airtrain runs to/from Brisbane Domestic and International Airports, with travel time of just 22 minutes to Central Railway Station. A one-way single adult ticket costs AUD18. Click here for the Airtrain timetable.
- TAXI: Fares vary due to distance, traffic conditions and time, however, you can anticipate that a fare to / from St Lucia and Brisbane Airport will total approximately AUD70.00.
Other Helpful Links
- Brisbane Tourist Apps: Including AirTrain, bikes, taxis, public transport, maps, news, weather and food.
- Quick Reference Guide: Destination information, planning your day, public transport information.
- Brisbane Weather in September: The spring climate is characterized by daily highs of around 27°C / 80°F with humidity levels slowly beginning to rise as summer approaches. Overnight temperatures can be cooler with the temperature dropping down to 15°C / 60°F.