2017 Australasian Database Conference
Guidelines for final, camera-ready papers
Camera-ready papers shall have 12 pages.
All authors are kindly asked to follow the updated 2017 LNCS author formatting guidelines from Springer for the preparation of their manuscripts. The Author Guidelines document summarizes how a proceedings paper should be structured, how elements (headings, figures, references) should be formatted using our predefined styles, etc. It also gives some insight on how a paper will be typeset at Springer.
Users of MS Word
Production of the camera-ready paper will be a much smoother process if authors make use of the available MS Word template, which incorporates all the recommended formatting guidelines:
- Template supporting MS Office 2007/2010 Word
Instructions for installing and using the author template are also available:
- Instructions for MS Office 2007/2010 Word
Users of LaTeX
Authors who wish to use LaTeX2e for the preparation of their manuscript should download the corresponding support file available by Springer and check the included readme.txt file for further instructions.
The LaTeX2e source file of an older version of the "Authors' Instructions" is also provided by Springer containing a separate LaTeX file for the text and EPS file for the figures.
Users of Mac
Mac users could try the support file provided by Springer.
Each contribution must be accompanied by a Springer copyright form, a so-called 'Consent to Publish' form. Authors will be asked to transfer the copyright of the paper to Springer. This will ensure the widest possible protection and dissemination of information under copyright laws.
- One author may sign on behalf of all of the authors of a particular paper. In this case, the author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing the material on behalf of any and all co-authors.
- Modified forms are not acceptable.
- The “Title of the Contribution” (i.e., paper title) and the List of Authors should match exactly the title and the list of authors of the paper.
- Machine-typed signatures and digital signatures are NOT acceptable by Springer.
Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format before their paper is submitted to Springer.
Authors of accepted papers are requested to submit their final, camera-ready papers, for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings, by Sunday, 30 July 2017, via emails to Publication Chair Xin Cao (email@example.com) with a single .zip file including:
- Final source files (MS Word in DOC or DOCX, or LaTeX, including figures) of their paper.
- Final PDF file corresponding exactly to the final source files.
- A scanned copy of a filled in and signed Consent to Publish as a PDF file.
- The name and e-mail address of the contact co-author who will check the proof of their paper.
All author registrations should be received by the relevant camera-ready submission deadline in order to have the papers included in the proceedings. Only papers covered by a full conference registration will be included in the conference proceedings.
Please contact the Program Administration for any further information or clarifications.